Hello fellow producers, Mutty here! I've got some news for ya guys.
First of all, this year i'm a judge in NGUAC! When the results of the various phases will come out, if you want to ask me a written review of your piece, feel free to send me a Private Message and i'll write it down asap.
For now, i'll leave here my judging criteria.
They are five, and they each give max 2 points, for a max total of 10.
1) ORIGINALITY: Does the piece feel dynamic or not? Is it pleasant to listen to? Does it stand out from the others? Can it be listened a few times without being tired out?
2) COMPOSITION: Does the track have a valid concept? Does is sort of, "tell a story"? Did the composer make clever composing choices? (For covers and remixes, i always remove 0,5 points by default, unless it's an exceptional case).
3) STRUCTURE: Is the mix polished? Does it flow properly without sudden breaks? Does it evolve in a good way? How are the transitions? Does it begin and end in good notes?
4) TECNICITY: This category comprehends all eqs and most "mechanical" stuff, which it makes the hardest to get a 2 into. Is every instrument equalized properly? Does it feel "professional"? Is the whole song solid as a whole?
5) IMPACT: A mix of all the 4 categories above, a bit more personal score of how much i enjoyed the track in general.
That's it for NGUAC 2020.
For future submissions, i plan to release more remixes and finally ONE original, which i'm working hard on.
Since i'll stop producing for a while, enjoy my latest remix here: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/952915
See ya soon, and have nice holidays! =)